Monday, March 4, 2019

Peonies - progress

I started reading about these beautiful plants. So went to Costco and bought some bulbs. Was trying to figure out where to plant them. Finally, decided to plant few in the front and few at the back - to be precise 6 in the front and 2 at the back. Now the question is, how to plant them. Instructions say, plant them 1 inch below the surface so the roots are strong. Sounds good. Looking at these bulbs could not figure out what part of this goes down and which one goes up. The shoots looked like roots. So planted them with the eyes down. 😅😅Then luckily found a YouTube video and realized I planted it upside down. This means I am forcing the plant to grow "into" the soil downwards. Oh God. What was I thinking? Well then, at least I figured that out within an hour. So dug them up and planted them the right way.  And they started slowly coming out. Here it was about 10 days back.



Now it is around 3 weeks. They started shooting up and now they are few inches long. Beautiful ha?



Can't wait for them to flower. 😀Yeah yeah, I know it's too early. But watching them grow is lots of fun.

No comments: